The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented in recognition of an individual's outstanding leadership and contribution to the VET sector for more than 25 years. This may be a new innovation, new knowledge, or ways to improve professional practice deemed to be above and beyond the everyday with a long lasting impact in the sector.
Nominate directly to the Australian Training Awards by email to email@example.com
The Lifetime Achievement Award recognises an individual who has:
- an established history of distinguished service to the vocational education and training (VET) sector
- made a lasting contribution to VET practice
- exhibited leadership and provided inspiration to others in the VET sector
- positively influenced VET on a state, national or international level.
Selection of the nominee is made on the basis of the candidate's significant, fundamental contributions to the VET sector (whether in research, leadership, mentorship or other); the lasting impact of these contributions to the sector; and the demonstration of a lifetime commitment to VET.
Nominees must have:
- made a positive impact on the VET sector [at either state/territory or national level]
- earned recognition by other industry, training, education or employer groups;
- the respect of professional peers
- general acknowledgement as having reached a pinnacle of their profession or industry
- demonstrated, over an extended period of time a contribution which has included either research, industry achievement, professional leadership and service to the VET community
- personal integrity
- 25 years or more, of sustained service to VET (if the nominee has less than 25 years of service to vocational education and training then please consider nominating for the National Achievement Award).
Nominations must meet the Conditions of Entry.
Note: Nominees do not need to be currently working in the VET sector to be eligible for this award.
Selection Process and Key Dates
|Selection Process||Key Dates|
Nominate directly to the Australian Training Awards by email to:
Open: 1 December 2018
Close: 31 May 2019
|Nominees advised of their staus in the process||September 2019|
|The Award recipient is announced at the Australian Training Awards presentation dinner in Brisbane||21 November 2019|
This award category requires the applicant to address the following criteria.
Criterion 1: History of service
The nominee’s history of service to the VET sector - in particular, positions of leadership the nominee has held such as on boards or as chair of committees. Any other known history, such as participation on committees and workgroups, and any examples of the nominee representing VET sector officially as a liaison to other organisations or at state, national or international meetings.
Criterion 2: Significant contribution and positive influence on the VET sector
The nominee’s significant contribution(s) to the advancement of vocational education and training practice, including teaching or training positions or programs, awards or recognition from professional or industry groups and institutions, innovative approaches to difficulties. How will the nominee’s story inspire others to higher standards in their work or to raise the communities’ perception of the VET sector?
Criterion 3: Leadership
The nominee’s leadership in the field of vocational education and training including, but not limited to, positively influencing policy or practice on a state, national or international level. This may include Government committees and workgroups, advocacy, senior positions, other training, mentoring or committee participation. How have they “made a difference” in some way?
How to apply
Apply by completing an LAA Nomination Form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org