There are two ways you can enter the Australian Training Awards.
The categories below are identified as either state/territory entry or direct entry.
State/Territory entry award categories
For categories marked as state/territory, nominees must come through their respective state and territory training awards and must have won an equivalent award at the state or territory level. To apply for these categories, please see your relevant state or territory’s nomination process.
- Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
- Vocational Student of the Year Award
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award
- Trainee of the Year Award
- Apprentice of the Year Award
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award
- Medium Employer of the Year Award
- Large Employer of the Year Award
- Industry Collaboration Award
- Small Training Provider of the Year Award
- Large Training Provider of the Year Award
Direct entry award categories
Categories marked as direct entry are managed by the Australian Government. Applications for these categories must be submitted through the Australian Training Awards online application portal. For more information email AustralianTrainingAwards@dese.gov.au